Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionMost techlogy entrepreneurs start companies and spend years of their lives building them with the goal of generating significant wealth through a successful sale. For many, the sale of their company is a one-off event for which they have little or experience, but whose outcome can make the difference between true financial security and years of frustration and regret. This book gives honest, practical advice for executives and shareholders of techlogy businesses on how to prepare their businesses and how to manage and optimise the sale process through to a successful completion for maximum value. The author draws on his direct experience from a 20-year career in techlogy and corporate finance, but also on the experience of others in the industry - tably, corporate finance advisers and lawyers, corporate development professionals working at some of the most acquisitive large techlogy companies and entrepreneurs who have sold their businesses. After every second chapter, there is a case study of a techlogy company that has been successfully sold, written from interviews with the key individuals involved. These give real-life experiences from diverse businesses, ranging from a pre-revenue company sold when its product was still in beta to a $100m revenue company sold in its fourteenth year. This is a practical guide that can be followed and consulted to give insight into every part of the sale process and to learn from others who have gone through it many times.
- Author BiographyRupert Cook has experienced technology corporate finance from every angle over the last 20 years. He understands intimately the aspirations and tribulations of technology entrepreneurs, having worked tirelessly as one of the founding team to build up an IT Training and Consultancy business from scratch in the late '80s, the culmination of which was a successful sale to a UK PLC eight years later. Since then, he has bought and sold technology businesses both as a principal and for clients around the world. He has run fund-raisings for early stage businesses and also acted on the other side of the fence as a venture capital investor. Rupert is currently Head of Technology M&A at goetzpartners Corporate Finance, a leading pan-European corporate advisory firm. For five years, Rupert was Head of Advisory Services at a technology investment and advisory business, and has twice run his own corporate finance boutiques. Rupert worked at Capgemini PLC for two years in strategic consulting and business development. Rupert has spoken widely at conferences and in the media on the subjects of Economic & Monetary Union and Technology Corporate Finance. He is the author of 'Leveraging Competitive Advantage from the Euro', published in 1999 by Financial Times Prentice Hall.
- Author(s)Rupert Cook
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication22/06/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Out-of-print date22/11/2010
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width156 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.