Semantic Web: Revolutionizing Knowledge Discoveryin the Life Sciences by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $231.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis book introduces advanced semantic web techlogies, illustrating their utility and highlighting their implementation in biological, medical, and clinical scenarios. It covers topics ranging from database, ontology, and visualization to semantic web services and workflows. The volume also details the factors impacting on the establishment of the semantic web in life science and the legal challenges that will impact on its proliferation.
- Author BiographyChristopher Baker is a Principle Investigator at the Knowledge Discovery Department of the Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), a member of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) in Singapore. Dr Baker was formerly Bioinformatics Project Manager of the Genome Quebec funded project, 'Ontologies, the semantic web and intelligent systems for genomics' where he coordinated the application of knowledge management technologies to fungal genomic data sets. Prior to this he was Group Leader In-silico Discovery at Ecopia BioSciences Inc. where he masterminded key portions of the DecipherIT(TM) bioinformatics software suite and managed the genomic annotation team. Dr Baker received post doctoral training at Iogen Corporation and the University of Toronto after completing his Ph. D. studies in Environmental Microbiology and Enzymology at the University of Wales, Cardiff, UK. Dr. Cheung is currently an Associate Professor at the Center for Medical Informatics, Yale University School of Medicine. Dr. Cheung is a bioinformatician with a Ph.D. in Computer Science. He has established a broad base of collaboration with life scientists, computational biologists, and computer scientists. Dr. Cheung has published extensively in the field of bioinformatics. He is one of the core faculty members in the Yale Ph.D. Program in Computational Biology and Bioinformatics. In addition, he is a Principal Investigator of two research grants (one was awarded by the National Institutes of Health and the other was awarded by the National Science Foundation). Dr. Cheung's research interests include biological database and tool integration. Recently, Dr. Cheung has embarked on the research and development of Semantic Web in the bioscience domain.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/12/2006
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note9 black & white tables, biography
- Weight840 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byChristopher J.O. Baker,Kei-Hoi Cheung
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.