All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.49Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the recently introduced and already widely referred semi-discretization method for the stability analysis of delayed dynamical systems. Delay differential equations often come up in different fields of engineering, like feedback control systems, machine tool vibrations, balancing/stabilization with reflex delay. The behavior of such systems is often counter-intuitive and closed form analytical formulas can rarely be given even for the linear stability conditions. If parametric excitation is coupled with the delay effect, then the governing equation is a delay differential equation with time periodic coefficients, and the stability properties are even more intriguing. The semi-discretization method is a simple but efficient method that is based on the discretization with respect to the delayed term and the periodic coefficients only. The method can effectively be used to construct stability diagrams in the space of system parameters.
- Author BiographyTamas Insperger and Gabor Stepan are both Professors in the Department of Applied Mechanics at the Budapest University of Technology and Economics.
- Author(s)Gabor Stepan,Tamas Insperger
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleApplied Mathematical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number178
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight290 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.