All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionAn in-depth examination of Google's invative approach to M&A Semi-Organic Growth presents a unique analysis of Google's distinctive expertise in the area of mergers and acquisitions, derived from more than 150 acquisitions carried out over the company's short history. While organizational growth has traditionally been characterized as organic (internally generated) or irganic (from acquisition), this book examines Google's semi-organic strategy for accelerating product and service revenue, explained through a unique sector/subsector classification scheme that dynamically maps the media, Internet, and techlogy platform markets. You'll gain insight into Google's disclosure strategies for private company transactions, and more importantly, their methods for integrating acquisitions into product and service offerings to achieve ecosystem synergy. Unique perspective reveals the lessons learned along the way from both successes and failures, and the companion website gives you access to the tools that help you implement what you've learned. Google's extensive use of M&A as a growth strategy has been in sharp contrast to the practices of rivals like Apple, and further contrasts with the failures of many other companies in corporate business development. This book shows you the thinking behind the company's successful methods, and demonstrates the mechanisms behind the success. * Learn why corporate M&A activity often fails to add value * Delve deep into the complex dimensions of M&A integration * Discover what Google has learned through specific deals * Consider invative integration methods that foster synergy Google is an iconic, premiere company, and it didn't happen by accident. Their success is driven by their invative approach to strategy in all areas, and their M&A expertise has been a major contributing factor. Semi-Organic Growth takes you through the core workings of Google M&A to provide insight into successful strategy for the modern market.
- Author BiographyGEORGE T. GEIS teaches at UCLA Anderson in the areas of corporate business development and entrepreneurship. He has been voted Outstanding Teacher of the Year at UCLA Anderson five times. Currently, he is faculty director of Anderson's Mergers and Acquisitions Executive program. Geis has also taught mergers and acquisitions at the Haas School, University of California, Berkeley.
- Author(s)George T. Geis
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication10/07/2015
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight480 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.