All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a practical and accessible introduction to the implementation of Partially Restrained connections in engineering practice. Despite the significant amount of research and development into Partially Restrained (PR) construction conducted over the last decade, usage of PR principles has been slow in coming to the profession - mainly due to the lack of easy-to-access reliable test data and lack of software for practical implementation. However, with the publication of the 2005 AISC specifications as well as Eurocode 3, practical implementation of the use of PR connections in structural systems is w a real possibility. This handbook presents a simple and comprehensive introduction that will help design practitioners implement these new developments into engineering practice. With the help of the user-friendly list of collected data in tabular form with illustrative figures, information on semi-rigid connections is w available in a single publication.
- Author BiographyWai-Fah Chen was Professor and Dean of the College of Engineering at the University of Hawaii from 1999 to 2006. The author or co-author of 20 books, his primary areas of research are constitutive modeling of engineering materials, soil and concrete plasticity, structural connections, and structural stability.
- PublisherJ Ross Publishing
- Date of Publication01/10/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorida
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ Ross Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight2077 g
- Width179 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Edited byWai-Fah Chen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.77
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.