All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an excellent, comprehensive introduction to semiclassical analysis. I believe it will become a standard reference for the subject. --Alejandro Uribe, University of Michigan Semiclassical analysis provides PDE techniques based on the classical-quantum (particle-wave) correspondence. These techniques include such well-kwn tools as geometric optics and the Wentzel-Kramers-Brillouin approximation. Examples of problems studied in this subject are high energy eigenvalue asymptotics and effective dynamics for solutions of evolution equations. From the mathematical point of view, semiclassical analysis is a branch of microlocal analysis which, broadly speaking, applies harmonic analysis and symplectic geometry to the study of linear and nlinear PDE. The book is intended to be a graduate level text introducing readers to semiclassical and microlocal methods in PDE. It is augmented in later chapters with many specialized advanced topics which provide a link to current research literature.
- Author(s)Maciej Zworski
- PublisherAmerican Mathematical Society
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- Series TitleGraduate Studies in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 138
- Place of PublicationProvidence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Mathematical Society
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.