All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook describes the physics of semiconductor nastructures with emphasis on their electronic transport properties. At its heart are five fundamental transport phemena: quantized conductance, tunnelling transport, the Aharov-Bohm effect, the quantum Hall effect, and the Coulomb blockade effect. The book starts out with the basics of solid state and semiconductor physics, such as crystal structure, band structure, and effective mass approximation, including spin-orbit interaction effects important for research in semiconductor spintronics. It contains material aspects such as band engineering, doping, gating, and a selection of nastructure fabrication techniques. The book discusses the Drude-Boltzmann-Sommerfeld transport theory as well as conductance quantization and the Landauer-Buttiker theory. These concepts are extended to mesoscopic interference phemena and decoherence, magnetotransport, and interaction effects in quantum-confined systems, guiding the reader from fundamental effects to specialized state-of-the-art experiments. The book will provide a thorough introduction into the topic for graduate and PhD students, and will be a useful reference for lecturers and researchers working in the field.
- Author BiographyProfessor Thomas Ihn took his PhD in Physics in 1994 at TU Munich, Germany, then did post-doctoral work at the School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Nottingham. He began work as a Research Assistant at the Solid State Physics Laboratory, ETH Zurich, in 1998, and is now Professor of Physics there.
- Author(s)Thomas Ihn
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note280 line and halftone illustrations
- Weight1106 g
- Width189 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.