All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.89
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.83
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.55
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.04
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.67
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.44
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition of Seminars in General Adult Psychiatry provides a highly readable and comprehensive account of modern adult psychiatry. More than nine years have passed since the publication of the first edition, and significant advances have been made in almost every area of psychiatry. This single volume assimilates these modern developments and their effects on clinical practice. To achieve this has meant incorporating more than 4000 references, with many of the more important studies being described in some detail so as to provide the reader with some of the original data on which modern evidence-based medicine depends. Key features of the first edition that have been retained are the detailed clinical descriptions of psychiatric disorders, and historical sections to give the reader access to the classic studies of psychiatry as well as the current evidence. Additional topics covered here for the first time include liaison psychiatry, psychosexual medicine, clinical epidemiology, and international and cultural psychiatry. Clinical management is given due prominence, with extensive accounts of modern drug management, cognitive therapy, the main psychosocial approaches, and current guidelines such as those published by NICE. An essential text for trainees studying for their MRCPsych, this book is also a one-stop reference work for established practitioners. * Comprehensive coverage of the whole of adult psychiatry. * Detailed clinical descriptions of both common and rare psychiatric disorders. * Accounts of the history, epidemiology, diagsis and clinical management of all the broad categories of disorder. * An evidence-based approach. * New chapters on liaison psychiatry, clinical epidemiology, psychosexual medicine, and international and cultural psychiatry. * Easy to read, with more than 260 tables and boxes summarising key information. * New compact, single-volume format.
- Author BiographyGeorge Stein (Gordon Hospital, London) and Greg Wilkinson (former Editor of The British Journal of Psychiatry and former Professor of Psychiatry at University of Liverpool - now retired).
- PublisherThe Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Date of Publication01/04/2007
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Series TitleCollege Seminars Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2700 g
- Width160 mm
- Height300 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Edited byGeorge Stein,Greg Wilkinson
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.