Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.20
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.08
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.83
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.26
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.87
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.98
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past twenty years, the annual meetings of the Semiotic Society of America have tracked growth and development of modern sign theory in American scholarship. Since 1981, the published proceedings of SSA meetings have included representative semiotic work from a wide range of disciplines and every extant system of semiotic thought. The papers have especially represented some of the leading intellectual descendents of C.S. Peirce and Ferdinand de Saussure in the United States and Canada. On this ground, the series of Proceedings remains the primary record of North American contributions to sign perspectives, embracing world-wide philosophical, literary, and scientific bases for a 21st-century doctrine of signs. The proceedings project has consistently pursued excellent scholarship, representative diversity, and quality production. With publication of the Semiotics 1993, Semiotics 1994, Semiotics 1995, Semiotics 1996, Semiotics 1997, Semiotics 1998, and Semiotics 1999 volumes, general editor John Deely and the Semiotic Society bring these important yearbooks to Peter Lang Publishing. With this change the society is certain to further enhance the SSA proceedings volumes and continue a record of representing American semiotics. The SSA also plan to incorporate more voices from Mexico in an effort to achieve a comprehensive North American semiotic which is strongly linked to practical and theoretical developments across the world.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill., and tabl.
- Weight830 g
- Edited byC. W. Spinks,John Deely,Scott Simpkins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.