All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the result of selective research papers that were presented at the First International Conference on Semiotics and Visual Communication at the Cyprus University of Techlogy in November 2011. The conference was structured around the theme from theory to practice, and brought together researchers and practitioners who study and evaluate the ways that semiotic theories can be analysed, perceived and applied in the context of various forms in visual communication. Within a semiotic framework, the book explores research questions under five main thematic areas: Architectural, Spatial Design-Design for Three-Dimensional Products; Design for Print Applications; Design for Screen-Based Media; Pedagogy of Visual Communication; and Visual Arts. This volume will be an asset for people who have an interest in semiotics, t only from a theoretical and historical perspective, but also from an applied point of view, looking at how semiotic theory can be implemented into educational research, design and visual communication practice. The book provides 25 essential contributions that demonstrate how the concepts and theories of semiotics can be creatively adapted within the interdisciplinary nature of visual communication.
- Author BiographyEvripides Zantides is Assistant Professor at the Department of Multimedia and Graphic Arts of the Cyprus University of Technology. His professional activities include the presentation of research papers at a number of international conferences on semiotics, graphic design education, typography and visual communication, and his participation, with distinguished work, in refereed Art and Design biennales and other international exhibitions. Actively involved in conference and exhibition committees, he is the delegate for Cyprus in the International Typographic Association (ATypI), as well as in the International Association for Semiotic Studies (IASS-AIS). In addition, he is a member of the International Association for Visual Semiotics (AISV), the Cyprus Semiotics Association (CSA), and the Hellenic Semiotic Society (HSS). His research interests are based on semiotics and identity in the process of audio/visualising verbal language using image, text/typography and sound. He is the founder and director of the Semiotics and Visual Communication Lab of the Cyprus University of Technology (www.svclab.com).
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication07/02/2014
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Weight599 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byEvripides Zantides
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.