All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do circus performances communicate? They are rich in extreme skills and clever staging. They trigger strong emotions. They make beautiful sense. This book, which is grounded in the personal circus experience of the author, uses semiotics, pragmatics, and cultural studies to explain why we are irresistibly drawn to the circus. It shows how semiotics can be applied to understand and enhance our enjoyment.
- Author BiographyPaul Bouissac, University of Toronto, Canada.
- Author(s)Paul Bouissac
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleSemiotics, Communication and Cognition [SCC]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 3
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 6 schw.-w. Abb.
- Weight435 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.