All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe third vel in this brilliant Napoleonic series from acclaimed historian, Adrian Goldsworthy. The third vel in the series sees new challenges for the men of the 106th Foot, as the British army attempts to recover from the disaster of Corunna and establish a foothold in the Peninsula. Featuring the battles of Medellin and Talavera, the 106th will have their mettle severely tested on the battlefield. But if Napoleon is to be ejected from Spain, war must also be waged in more covert ways. For Hanley, the former artist who is a more natural observer than fighter, the opportunity to become an 'exploring officer' leads him into even more dangerous territory, the murky world of politics and partisans. And while Ensign Williams seeks to uncover the identity of the mysterious 'Heroine of Saragossa', a conspiracy of revenge within the regiment itself threatens to destroy him before he's even faced a shot from the French.
- Author BiographyAdrian Goldsworthy has a doctorate from Oxford University. His books have sold more than a quarter of a million copies and been translated into more than a dozen languages. A full-time author, he regularly contributes to TV documentaries on Roman themes and has lectured on Roman history in both the UK and USA.
- Author(s)Adrian Goldsworthy
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPhoenix (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Weight254 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.43
- AU $86.86Trending at AU $98.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $82.56
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.32
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.48
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $11.46Trending at AU $14.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.