All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dialogues were an important medium for the spreading of Greek philosophical theories to the Roman world and to subsequent ages. This selection is of complete, t excerpted, dialogues. The commentary concentrates on subject matter and the philosophical ideas informing the treatises, though help is also given where needed on grammatical and lexical points. The four chosen dialogues give a fair idea of the range of Seneca's philosophical interests and of his didactic techniques. This is the first serious commentary in English on any of Seneca's Dialogues since Duff (1915). Latin text with facing translation, commentary and tes.
- Author BiographyProfessor C D N Costa is Professor of Classics at the University of Birmingham. Other publications in this series is a translation and commentary of Seneca 17 Letters.
- Author(s)C. D. N. Costa
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication01/02/1995
- Series TitleAris & Phillips Classical Texts
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAris & Phillips Ltd
- Content Notep
- Weight376 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.