All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionIn Sensation, leading psychologist Thalma Lobel takes us on a trip around the senses, revealing the amazing extent to which our external environment profoundly shapes our thoughts, emotions and decisions about everything from the people we like to the way we work. She reveals how holding something warm can make us friendlier; how we perceive people as nicer if we kw they like sweet foods; how we unconsciously equate height with power, weight with importance, cleanliness with morality. Drawing on evidence from her own studies and those of other leading researchers, Lobel reveals the psychology behind these remarkable findings for the first time to a general readership. She looks in particular at how abstract and physical concepts are linked in the brain, and asks: how can we use this information to our advantage? The answer: we can change people's perceptions of us, disarm aggressive negotiators, boost our creativity and much more, all by harnessing the untapped power of our physical intelligence.
- Author BiographyThalma Lobel is an internationally recognised psychologist, a member of the Executive Board of Tel Aviv University and director of the child development center there. She has also been a visiting scholar at Harvard, Tufts, UC San Diego, and NYU. She appears frequently on television and radio.
- Author(s)Thalma Lobel
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/04/2014
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK),With flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.