All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2010, the European Studies Unit of the University of Liege, under the aegis of the Belgian Presidency of the Council of the European Union, invited young researchers from all over Europe to meet and discuss the existing rules governing the trade of items that may be used for both peaceful and n-peaceful purposes. During a two-day conference held in Chaudfontaine, Belgium, each participant presented the export control system of his or her member state. Debates took place with eminent specialists, representatives of the European institutions and representatives from industry on the challenges faced by European states when trying to reconcile trade performance and global international security. The potential role played by the European Union in the regulation of this so-called sensitive trade, as well as the past, present and future of European harmonisation over this issue, was also at the core of the discussion. This book brings together these contributions from a wide variety of member states and demonstrates that the future of the European motto, United in Diversity, lies in greater coherence on international issues. Initiatives such as this newly created Chaudfontaine Group will undoubtedly contribute to this achievement.
- Author BiographyQuentin Michel is Professor in European Studies and Director of the European Studies Unit at the University of Liege, Belgium.
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2011
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleNon-Proliferation et Securite / Non-Proliferation and Security
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2011
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Content Note99, tables
- Weight300 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byQuentin Michel
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.