All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSensorimotor Control and Learning is a groundbreaking text that provides a uniquely integrated treatment of sensory and motor processes, reflecting the latest research trends in both neuromotor control and the perceptual sciences. Richly illustrated and written in a clear and concise manner, the book emphasizes the intimate links between sensory and motor processes, providing an integrated view of perception and action. Features of the book: * Emphasis on the multidisciplinary nature of the subject, which makes the text useful for a wide variety of readers * A rigorous and thorough account of how motor behaviors are controlled, coordinated, and changed * Numerous real-world examples relating to everyday experience * The latest research in the field, including a unique introductory treatment of control theory * Boxes highlighting and explaining more than 100 key terms, definitions and concepts throughout the text * Essential background material on neuroscience, biomechanics and engineering, making it a self-contained book for students * Over 600 high-quality illustrations by the author Sensorimotor Control and Learning is an indispensable resource for students of kinesiology and psychology, as well as students of other disciplines such as human factors, biomedical engineering, physiotherapy, and the neurosciences.
- Author BiographyJames Tresilian is Head of Department for Psychology at Warwick University, UK. He is also Honorary Professor at the University of Queensland. James is a fellow of the British Psychological Society and he has many years' experience of teaching motor learning, behavioral neuroscience and classical mechanics to students of kinesiology, psychology, biological sciences and physiotherapy.
- Author(s)James Tresilian
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication19/07/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note649 colour illustrations, 3 colour illustrations
- Weight2011 g
- Width224 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $43.32
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $11.69
- AU $43.22Trending at AU $48.83
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.68
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $25.83
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.24
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.