All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionSentence Structure: *introduces the evidence for sentence structure and reveals its purpose * is based on a problem-solving approach to language * teaches the reader how to identify word classes, such as un, preposition and demonstrative * uses simple tree structures to analyse sentences * contains numerous exercises to encourage practical skills of sentence analysis * includes a database and exercises that compare the structure of English with other languages. The second edition of Sentence Structure has been revised and updated throughout and includes new material on tense, aspect, modality and the verb phrase, whilst the order of topics has been rearranged to improve clarity.
- Author BiographyNigel Fabb is Professor of Literary Linguistics at the University of Strathclyde. His publications include A Grammar of Ma'di (with Mairi Blackings, 2003) and Language and Literary Structure (2002).
- Author(s)Nigel Fabb
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/01/2005
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Series TitleLanguage Workbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note76 black & white line drawings
- Weight408 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.