All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new collection of technically and emotionally heart-stopping poems (Spectator)-including Japanese Maple, which was published in The New Yorker to great acclaim-Clive James looks back over an extraordinarily rich life with a clear-eyed and unflinching honesty. There are regrets but trace of self-pity in these verses, which-for all their grappling with death and his current illness-are primarily a celebration of what is treasurable and memorable in our time here. Again and again, James reminds us that he is t only a poet of effortless wit and lyric accomplishment but also an immensely wise one, who delights in using poetic form to bring a razor-sharp focus to his thought. Miraculously, these poems see James writing with his insight and energy t only undiminished but positively charged by his situation. The poems of Sentenced to Life represents a career high point from one of the greatest literary intellects of our age.
- Author BiographyBorn in Australia, Clive James lives in Cambridge, England. He is the author of Unreliable Memoirs; a volume of selected poems, Opal Sunset; the best-selling Cultural Amnesia; and the translator of The Divine Comedy by Dante. He has written for the New York Times Book Review, The New Yorker, and The Atlantic. He is an Officer of the Order of Australia and a Commander of the Order of the British Empire.
- Author(s)Clive James
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication23/02/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiveright Publishing Corporation
- Weight220 g
- Width147 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.