Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionSENTENCES, PARAGRAPHS, AND BEYOND is the first in the popular two-level Brandon series, which helps the student learn to both read and write at the college level, by providing instruction on reading techniques (and barriers), the basics of sentence structure, grammar, punctuation, and spelling, as well as the writing process and common writing patterns; lively, engaging readings provide student as well as professional models. Available with InfoTrac Student Collections http://gocengage.com/infotrac.
- Author BiographyLee Brandon is the author of twelve college English textbooks with Cengage Learning, including the best-selling series, Sentences, Paragraphs, and Beyond with Integrated Readings, and Paragraphs and Essays with Integrated Readings and the highly successful At a Glance series. He has served as chair of the English Department at Mt. San Antonio College, where he taught for more than thirty years and occasionally still teaches. Few authors are as active in the promotion of their books as Lee Brandon, who regularly visits schools across the country and presents at professional conferences. Lee also has to his credit poems and short stories in magazines; songs recorded and in sheet music; a best-selling musical play for elementary school students (in print with Lorenz Music); a play produced by a college drama department; a published Ford Foundation grant project; a chapbook of ballads about his youth, Oklahoma, My Sweet Sorrow; a chapbook of ballads about his experience teaching for ten years in a high-security California women's prison, Butterflies on Barbwire; and newspaper articles about travel, adventures, and whimsical experiences. A partner in the father-son writing team for the best-selling series, Sentences, Paragraphs, and Beyond, 5e, and Paragraphs and Essays, 10e, Kelly is a tenured professor of English at Santa Ana College. His B.A. is from the University of California at Los Angeles and his M.A. is from the University of California at Santa Barbara. For recreation he lifts weights, backpacks, plays the clarinet, and drives his fully restored 1953 yellow and white Chevrolet Bel Air.
- Author(s)Kelly Brandon,Lee Brandon
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date27/05/2015
- Weight1043 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.