All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with the study of sequence spaces, matrix transformations, measures of ncompactness and their various applications. The tion of measure of ncompactness is one of the most useful ones available and has many applications. The book discusses some of the existence results for various types of differential and integral equations with the help of measures of ncompactness; in particular, the Hausdorff measure of ncompactness has been applied to obtain necessary and sufficient conditions for matrix operators between BK spaces to be compact operators. The book consists of eight self-contained chapters. Chapter 1 discusses the theory of FK spaces and Chapter 2 various duals of sequence spaces, which are used to characterize the matrix classes between these sequence spaces (FK and BK spaces) in Chapters 3 and 4. Chapter 5 studies the tion of a measure of ncompactness and its properties. The techniques associated with measures of ncompactness are applied to characterize the compact matrix operators in Chapters 6. In Chapters 7 and 8, some of the existence results are discussed for various types of differential and integral equations, which are obtained with the help of argumentations based on compactness conditions.
- Author BiographyJOZEF BANAS is professor of mathematics and chair at the Department of Mathematics in Rzeszow University of Technology, Poland. He is on the editorial committee of many journals of international repute: Commentationes Mathematicae (Polish Mathematical Society), Abstract and Applied Analysis (Hindawi Corporation), Journal of Inequalities and Applications (SpringerOpen), World Scientific Journal (Hindawi Corporation), Mathematica Applicanda (section: Mathematical Economics) and many others. Prof. Banas is also editor-in-chief of the Journal of Mathematics and Applications, Rzeszow. He has over 140 published research papers to his credit in journals such as Journal of Integral Equations and Applications, Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics, Proceedings of AMS, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Applied Mathematics and Computation, Bulletin of the London Mathematical Society, Nonlinear Analysis, Abstract and Applied Analysis, among others. Prof. Banas is also coauthor of two books: Measures of Noncompactness in Banach Spaces, Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics 60, Marcel Dekker, New York and Basel, 1980 (with K. Goebel) and Bounded Variation and Around, De Gruyter Series in Nonlinear Analysis and Applications 17, Walter de Gruyter, Berlin/Boston 2014 (with J. Appell and N. Merentes). His fields of interest include geometry of Banac h spaces, measures of noncompactness, nonlinear differential and integral equations and applications of mathematics in economics. Professor J. Banas is a Supervisor of 10 PhD theses in mathematics. M. MURSALEEN is professor of mathematics at Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh. Earlier, he worked as professor of mathematics at King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, during 2004-2006. An active researcher, Prof. Mursaleen has authored two books and five book chapters, in addition to his contributions to 190 research papers to various international journals such as Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., Quarterly J. Math. (Oxford), Studia Math., Information Sciences, and Chaos, Solitons & Fractals to name a few. Prof. Mursaleen is reviewer for Mathematical Reviews (USA) since 1982, as well as referee of about 100 scientific journals (most of them are SCI/SCI expended journals). He has also guided 12 PhD students so far. He has visited about 16 countries including USA & UK and delivered about 32 talks, He has also participated in joint research work with faculty members of the host institutions. Prof. Mursaleen is member of the editorial board of various scientific journals and has served as member of various international scientific bodies and organizing committees that include International Council of Scientists Global World Communicator Education and Science . He has worked on a number of joint projects of international collaboration<. His main research interests are Sequence Spaces, Summability Theory, Approximation Theory, Functional Equations, Measures of Non-compactness and Fixed-Point Theory.
- Author(s)Jozef Banas,Mohammad Mursaleen
- PublisherSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Date of Publication20/07/2014
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintSpringer, India, Private Ltd
- Content Note1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight654 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.