All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionIn <i>Sequence</i>, the reader accompanies the poet step after step and breath after breath through a haunting and mercurial world that shimmers like sun on sand. Alternating moments of spare clarity with deep narrative flashes, the poem wanders the borders of the self, pursuing the eternal moment through imagined landscapes and the lush world waiting outside the writer s window. This is poetry of intense observation, finely tuned to a pattern that is sustained with breaks and returns, alive with eros and a hunger for Breton s convulsive beauty. <i>Sequence</i> dazzles as it seeks the great mystery, while remaining fully invested in our life of contingency and time.
- Author Biography<b>A. F. Moritz</b> has published16 books of poetry, as well as works of nonfiction and translation. He is the recipient of the Guggenheim Fellowship, the Ingram Merrill Fellowship, the Award in Literature of the American Academy of Arts and Letters, selection to the Princeton Series of Contemporary Poets, and the Bess Hokin Prize of <i>Poetry</i> magazine. His collection <i>The Sentinel</i> won the 2009 Griffin Poetry Prize. He lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)A F Moritz
- PublisherHouse of Anansi Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHouse of Anansi Press
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.