All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
- AU $33.17Trending at AU $33.67
About this product
- DescriptionTHIS volume is concerned with a substantial branch of number theory of which connected account appears to exist; we describe the general nature of the constituent topics in the introduction. Although some excellent surveys dealing with limited aspects of the subject under con- sideration have been published, the literature as a whole is far from easy to study. This is due in part to the extent of the literature; it is necessary to thread one's way through a maze of results, a complicated structure of inter-relationships, and many conflicting tations. In addition, however, t all the original papers are free from obscurities, and consequently some of these papers are difficult (a few even exceed- ingly difficult) to master. We try to give a readable and coherent account of the subject, con- taining a cross-section of the more interesting results. We felt that it would have been neither practicable r desirable to attempt a compre- hensive account; we treat each aspect of the subject from some special point of view, and select results accordingly. Needless to say, this approach entails the omission of many interesting and important results (quite apart from defects in the selection due to errors of judgement on our part). Those results selected for inclusion are, however, proved in complete detail and without the assumption of any prior kwledge on the part of the reader.
- Author(s)Heini Halberstam,K. F. Roth
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/10/2011
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight480 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.