All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionAlegra and Nelson, two brilliant climate science students -- whom destiny enrolled at the same university in the United States and meeting initially as strangers-- learn that they are from the same small Caribbean island. They travel together back to their island with a world rewned research team assembled to investigate the dramatic effects of global warming in the Caribbean region. While the island's mystified residents continue experiencing the mounting ravages of a historic drought, the returning young scholars themselves begin an unanticipated detour along an arduous path of dizzying self-discovery, painful secrets, haunting memories, and startling tions about their island's ancient traditions and its sacred spiritual world. Alegra's and Nelson's own spiritual and psychological drought force them to confront formidable challenges of a shared passion for their island's future, as well as for each other... igring totally the dire warnings from the island's revered sacred spirits. The tale offers an intricately woven tropical tapestry that explores the often inexplicable bonds we share with the natural world and with one ather-- especially in the midst of calamity.
- Author(s)Alan Cambeira
- Date of Publication29/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.