All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $36.92Trending at AU $44.25
- AU $17.22Trending at AU $21.15
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $14.26
- AU $23.98Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $18.80Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $10.17Trending at AU $14.44
About this product
- DescriptionSerenity... Flight of the Monarchs, ...is a heart warming story about love, commitment, and doing the right thing. Even when the odds are stacked against you. For Scott Douglas McCormick, it would seem that everything is working against him. Born several weeks premature, his chances for survival are somewhere between slim and ne. Add into his problems is a deformed right arm and legs that don't seem to want to work like they're suppose to. His weak heart has him kcking on death's door from the very moment he came into this world. However 'Scotty' as he's called, does have something that's working on his side. That would be his dad's undying love and devotion. Scotty's mother Lee, has already walked out on her husband and her son as well. All because she can't bring herself to accept the fact that she gave birth to a deformed baby or what she calls a mutant child. John, Scotty's father doesn't care one way or ather. He's bound and determined to raise his son, all by himself if need be. Then he meets Anna Morgan. A very pretty young woman whose in her finishing months of a ten year college campaign.Her goal is to work with kids just like Scotty. The next thing she kws John is offering her a job as Scotty's personal tutor. Scotty is only two years old at the time. Even so... what transpires in the up coming years will shock, amaze you, have you laughing in your seats just as you find yourself crying like a little baby, a moment later. And that's just the first couple of chapters. This is a big book. I mean it's really a big book. As it was being created, I lost track of it's size. The ending result is a book that's large to be printed in the regular 6 X 9 format. So I was forced into a bigger book size of 81/2 X 11. Even with that, it's still over 525 pages @ 267,942 words. So like I said, it's one big book. Don't let it's size scare you. When you finish reading it... and you will finish it, you'll have a whole new outlook on the world and everything that makes it what it is. Serenity is the warmest, most heart touching story that you'll ever find yourself crying over. Sorry, ... but, tissues t included.
- Author BiographyEarl Gobel, a professional truck driver for over thirty years, is finally doing what he was meant to do. Writing books. He was bitten by the creative writing bug, back in 1971. And since that time, he has always been able to shock and amaze people. Mostly with his very creative poetry. But, now it's grown into something so much more then that. Now, he's a novelist. And when you have the drive, the ambition and the gift like he does, there is no limit. In September of 2013, Earl will start releasing his books. Books that, even before their official release, have gathered up a very impressive following. And in the past four years or so, Earl has somehow managed to write over a dozen full length novels. Most of which are well beyond the 100,000 word count. Keeping in mind that most of his creativity was done on a makeshift desk, on the steering wheel of his truck. He's also a one finger typist. So creating a manuscript that's above the 100,000 word level, is surely a remarkable feat all by itself. From the epic detective series that he calls The Dugan Chronicles, which is already up to book 7 in that series, to some Sci-fi books like Superstitions and Brimstone, he's done it all. And they're being very well received too. His book Brimstone is already in the hands of a Hollywood screen writer who wants to make it into a full length Hollywood movie. With Superstitions slated to follow after that. Time will tell if that's meant to be or not. Even so, you can't help but fall in love with his characters in these great stories as well. From Matt and Kelly, our two LAPD Homicide detectives of The Dugan Chronicles to the very cute and lovable Katie Windslow of Hearts of Grey fame. They will become a part of you. You can't help yourself from making a connection with each of them.
- Author(s)MR Earl E Gobel
- Date of Publication30/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date01/06/2017
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.