All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI come from a food family, though we did t really think of ourselves as such. Ever since I can remember my father worked in his garden. My father's garden was a large plot covering nearly the whole substantial backyard of our home. We were a family of five children so the produce was very important as money was always sparse. Serge Danserau's life has been shaped by food. Starting with picking beans at the age of 12, he then served his apprenticeship in the kitchens of Canada, eventually moving to Australia to take up his role as executive chef of Sydney's first five-star restaurant, Kable's. And Serge, in turn, has profoundly shaped the landscape of food culture in Australia. His passion for fresh, regional produce has almost single-handedly encouraged the development of the many specialist food producers throughout Australia. From his humble beginnings in French Canada, to his present day ownership of the Bathers' Pavilion, Serge: For the Love of Good Food charts Serge Danserau's gastromic journey. this remarkable story is also a history of the way our food culture has evolved in Australia over the last twenty years, and contains many fascinating behind the scenes insights into the Australian food scene.
- Author(s)Serge Dansereau
- PublisherABC Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintABC Books
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.