All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSergeant Dickinson is the radioman of a Special Forces A-team in the Central Highlands of Vietnam. The camp is encircled and attacked for nine days by the North Vietnamese Army which wants to lure larger American units into combat for the first time. The war grows larger and darker, and Dickinson continues to be drawn back to it, tour after tour, even when he has the opportunity to leave, even though his post-traumatic stress threatens to overwhelm him. Readers of We Were Soldiers Once...& Young or those who saw the movie, will be interested in the battle that led to the battle in the Ia Drang Valley depicted in We Were Soldiers...
- Author BiographyJerome Gold is the author of fourteen books, including The Moral Life of Soldiers and the memoir, Paranoia & Heartbreak: Fifteen Years in a Juvenile Facility. Russell Banks said about this book: Ive finished reading Jerome Golds terrific book cover to cover without a break Its a powerful and very tenderhearted book without a soupcon of sentimentality. Unforgettable! Mr. Golds novels include Sergeant Dickinson, about which the New York Times Book Review said: [It] belongs on the high, narrow shelf of first-rate fiction about battlefield experience. He has published stories, essays, reviews and poems in Chiron Review, Moon City Review, Fiction Review, Boston Review, Hawaii Review, and other journals.
- Author(s)Jerome Gold
- PublisherBlack Heron Press
- Date of Publication20/08/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle, WA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Heron Press
- Weight256 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $32.16
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.65
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.17
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $13.09
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $30.89Trending at AU $31.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.