Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.76Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.28Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.54Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionThere is better way to introduce children to classical music than with Prokofiev's musical fairy tale of the little boy (played by all the strings of the orchestra) who, with the help of a bird (played by the flute), outsmarted the big, bad wolf (played by the French horns). A new retelling by Janet Schulman follows the basic story, but with a kinder ending for both the big bad wolf and the argumentative duck. Peter Malone's paintings have the lumius quality of old Russian masters.
- Author Biography<b>Sergei Prokofiev</b>, one of the greatest composers of the 20th century, was born in 1891 in the Ukraine and died in 1953 in Moscow. He composed <i>Peter and the Wolf</i> in 1936. <b>Peter Malone</b> has illustrated many distinguished picture books, including <i>Brother Sun, Sister Moon: The Life and Stories of St. Francis</i>, <i>The World of King Arthur and His Court</i>, and <i>Magic Flute</i>. Peter Malone lives in Bath, England.
- Author(s)Sergei Prokofiev
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication13/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Weight358 g
- Width203 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Malone
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.