All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe second volume of Sergey Prokofiev's recently uncovered Diaries covers the years 1915 to 1922. It describes in detail the genesis and the problematic path to performance of major works in his can, and the life-changing experiences of living in war-torn and revolutionary Russia, and deciding to leave for the mythic America he had long dreamed of visiting. The Diaries chart the author's swings of fortune, the loneliness of the emigre, his encounters with a lumius range of personalities from music, theatre, art and literature, and the search for love and friendship, all cast in the burnished prose of a born master, t just of music, but of words.
- Author BiographyAnthony Phillips learned Russian in the 1950s and later at Oxford. His works include Story of a Friendship (2000), his translation of Shostakovich's letters and Sergey Prokofiev Diaries 1907-1914: Prodigious Youth (2006), described by the New Statesman as an 'extraordinary achievement'.
- Author(s)Sergey Prokofiev
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight1304 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edited byAnthony Phillips
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.