Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.95+ AU $12.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by expressbooksaustralia
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
About this product
- DescriptionSerious Tennis is the most comprehensive tennis resource, containing expert instruction on each facet of the game. Learn with the world's top instructors as they provide insights into modern tennis technique, training methods, and match strategy. Combining the sport's latest physical conditioning methods with its most advanced mental training techniques, this book enables you to reach your full potential, regardless of skill level. Top international tennis instructor Scott Williams presents his SMARTS system for perfecting stroke technique. The system includes the following: - Seeing- Movement- Adjusting- Rotation- Transfer- SwingIn Serious Tennis, Williams breaks down the four main skill groups in the SMARTS system: stroking skills, playing skills, mental skills, and preparatory skills. He then identifies three phases of development-the core phase, the mileage phase, and the fine-tuning phase-that all players should follow to improve their game. During the first phase, stroking and playing skills are sharpened on the practice court. Once in the mileage phase, techniques such as consistency, placement, and court positioning are tested during game situations. The fine-tuning phase focuses on preparatory skills such as conditioning, nutrition, sleep, and the mental skills you need to consistently win. This approach allows intermediate and advanced players to be in a continual mode of physical and mental progression to truly enhance their skills and tactical understanding of the game.From improving shot selections to performing under pressure, this book covers every aspect of the game. Become the player you've always wanted to be with Serious Tennis.
- Author BiographyA professional tennis coach on the ATP Tour, Scott Williams has instructed and been instructed by some of the top tennis names in the world. Currently the conditioning coach to Tommy Haas-the top ranked player in Germany-Williams has coached several players from the early phases of the junior ranks all the way to the pro tour.In 1994, Williams founded the Complete Player Institute, which is dedicated to offering programs in sports to benefit the less fortunate. As a player, he was a Florida state champion before moving on to become a top international instructor. Currently based at The Racquet Club, Williams lives in Boca Raton, Florida.Contributors to the book include Bob Brett, Pat Etcheberry, Brett Hobden, James Loehr, Hans Jurgen Montag, Phil Irish, Ulrich Kuhnel, and Bobby Banck, as well as many others.
- Author(s)Scott Williams
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/10/1999
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1999
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Out-of-print date20/08/2015
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 77 black & white halftones
- Weight748 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.