All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionService-Learning and Educating in Challenging Contexts explores the potential of service-learning identified as a way to integrate community service with academic study to enrich the on-going professional development of educators, especially in schools that are located in challenging contexts. This collection offers a further refinement of what typically comes under the remit of service-learning, switching the focus from the learning experience of the learner, to the educator and the deep and enriching professional learning opportunities that service-learning can offer. This approach to service-learning promotes collaborative practices amongst professional and in-service educators, and encourages an integration of theory and practice. The international contributors use their own experiences as well as current research to provide a thorough exploration of service-learning from national and international perspectives.
- Author BiographyTimothy Murphy is Lecturer in Educational Research and Policy at the University of Limerick, Ireland. He is on the Board of Advisors at the International Center for Service-Learning in Teacher Education (ICSLTE). Jon E. C. Tan is Senior Lecturer in the School of Education and Childhood at Leeds Metropolitan University, UK.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJon Tan,Timothy Murphy
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.