All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionAdvocates have positioned service-learning as a real-world, real-time opportunity for students to encounter academic kwledge in a meaningful and relevant manner. Service-learning in higher education settings offers a powerful alternative to traditional models of teaching and learning. Students are encouraged to develop links to local institutions, volunteer their time, and create a special bond between the university and the community in which they live. Service-learning has become a very popular alternative to standard courses in higher education and is gaining significant popularity. This book takes a serious look at the unintended consequences and alternative conceptualizations of this mode of learning and explores what it could offer us in the future.
- Author BiographyDan W. Butin is Founding Dean of the School of Education at Merrimack College, USA. He is the editor and author of over fifty books, articles, and book chapters, including the books Service-Learning in Higher Education , Teaching Social Foundations of Education , and Service-Learning and Social Justice Education . Butin's research focuses on issues of educator preparation and policy and community engagement. He has been Assistant Dean of the School of Education at Cambridge College, USA, and a faculty member at Gettysburg College, USA. Prior to working in higher education, Butin taught middle school, taught in an adult GED program, and was Chief Financial Officer of Teach For America. More about Butin's teaching and scholarship can be found at http://danbutin.org/.
- Author(s)Dan Butin
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication11/08/2005
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight421 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.