All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionServing Students with Special Needs provides administrators with essential kwledge about the requirements for special education services, as well as practical steps to ensure legal compliance and appropriate services for students with special needs. Each chapter includes basic information followed by specific suggestions or steps. This brief, easily applied, and highly practical guide covers: * Instruction, including differentiated instruction and universal design for learning * Assessment, including accommodations and modifications and response to intervention (RTI) * Developing multi-tiered systems of support (MTSS) * Student progress monitoring and using large data sets to inform decision making * Mediation, due process hearings, and litigation * Systems management and positive behavioral intervention supports (PBIS) Scenarios are presented along with suggested responses and solutions. Serving Students with Special Needs has been specifically developed to provide administrators with practical suggestions to quickly and effectively implement appropriate special education practices.
- Author BiographyTom E.C. Smith is Dean and University Professor of Special Education at the University of Arkansas, USA. He has authored or co-authored 32 books and revised editions. Dr. Smith served as the Executive Director of the Division on Developmental Disabilities of the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) from 1994 until 2013, and three terms on the President's Committee on Persons with Intellectual Disabilities.
- Author(s)Tom E. C. Smith
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/07/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 40 black & white tables
- Weight356 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.