All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for practitioners who work with the gifted, this volume is intended to serve as a practical and easy-to-use resource for working with gifted students, their teachers, and their parents and families. It provides timely, practical, evidence-based techniques and guidelines to help these practitioners better help an underserved group. The book is written in a user-friendly style that makes this a quick, simple, and easy reference. Topics covered include identification and assessment of gifted students; important information for understanding the needs of the gifted; counseling and psychotherapy strategies; career counseling for gifted and talented students; methods for working with the families of the gifted; and legally-correct and ethically-smart counseling techniques. An accompanying CD will contain valuable resources such as PowerPoint presentations and reproducible handouts and forms.
- Author BiographySteven I. Pfeiffer, PhD, ABPP, is a Professor at Florida State University, where he serves as Director of Clinical Training of the combined Counseling Psychology and School Psychology program.
- Author(s)Steven I. Pfeiffer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/03/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSchool-Based Practice in Action
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white halftones
- Weight380 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $67.12Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $29.12Trending at AU $29.58
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.