All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRacism is a name-caller. It warps self-concept, saps vibrant communities, and atrophies spiritual connection. Although it takes different forms, racism works hard shaping the identities of both white people and people of color. Using anecdote, analysis, and scriptural reflection, Set Free offers language and insight to describe the names racism calls us. Six chapters define, illustrate, and suggest response to internalized racist oppression among communities of color. Three more chapters grapple with issues of internalized racist superiority among white communities. The final four chapters present practical principles and guidelines for working together across racial lines. This collaborative project by Tobin Miller Shearer, Regina Shands Stoltzfus, and Iris deLeon-Hartshorn brings together decades of mutual experience dismantling racism in the Christian community. 168 Pages.
- Author(s)Iris DeLeon-Hartshorn,Regina Shands Stoltzfus,Tobin Miller Shearer
- PublisherHerald Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2001
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationScottsdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHerald Press,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.