All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the bestselling Setting Limits series comes an invaluable guide for parents of strong-willed teenagers that explains how to effectively enforce discipline, encourage healthy growth, and create rewarding relationships with teens. Parenting modern teenagers is an ermous challenge. Teens have always been prone to rebellion and limit-testing. But in today's world of Twitter and Facebook, ermous academic and extracurricular pressure, and corrosive media influence, raising a teen to be well-adjusted, respectful, and mature eugh to make good decisions is tougher than ever. Fortunately, Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Teen offers powerful, time-tested tools for moving beyond traditional methods that wear parents down while getting where, and zeroing in on what really works so parents can use their energy in more efficient and productive ways. By understanding how to draw clear limits without lapsing into punishment or permissiveness, parents will be able to foster good judgment, build stronger bridges of communication and mutual respect, and end destructive power struggles. This is an invaluable resource for anyone wondering how to effectively build a positive, respectful, and rewarding relationship with their teen. In Setting Limits With Your Strong-Willed Teen, you will learn how to: -Understand your Strong-Willed Teen -Set firm and meaningful limits that your teen will respect -Motivate your teen to cooperate and communicate respectfully -Develop your own patience and a better tolerance for natural changes -Hold your teen accountable with instructive natural and logical consequences -Determine your teen's readiness for new freedoms and privileges -Teach your teen valuable lessons about character and trust - And much more!
- Author BiographyROBERT J. MACKENZIE, EdD, is an educational psychologist and family therapist who founded the Setting Limits program. He is the author of Setting Limits and Setting Limits with Your Strong-Willed Child.
- Author(s)Robert J. MacKenzie
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication03/03/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarmony Books
- Out-of-print date02/03/2016
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.