All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a handy guide to setting up a pottery workshop. It covers t only fundamental questions such as types of premises, design and layout of the workshop, equipment and materials, and how to make simple tools, but also questions of marketing and promotion, legal considerations and finance. To illustrate these points, the author discusses how various potters have tackled the issues raised and gives illustrations of a wide range of different workshops. The book draws on the experiences of an international group of artists, and so it will also be pertinent for potters outside the UK. This book is a must for those setting up a pottery for the first time, as well as the established potter who is experiencing difficulty in one of the areas covered, e.g. promotion and marketing.
- Author BiographyAlistair Young has taught courses on setting up potteries for a number of years and is a well-known potter.
- Author(s)Alistair Young
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/10/2006
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleCeramic Handbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note100+
- Weight320 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.