Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionIn her sociolinguistic analysis of Italian author Andrea Camilleri's prose in the collection of short stories Un mese con Montalba (A Month with Montalba), Traci Andrighetti examines the specific lexical items that comprise the author's depiction of the regional Italian of Sicily, the socio-ecomic features of the characters who speak regional Italian, and the contexts of use of this variety. Her findings indicate that Camilleri relies on a mixture of both authentic and inauthentic lexemes to depict Sicilian Italian, which is spoken by male and female characters who represent a broad range of ages and occupations. She further determines that the regionalisms used in the text exaggerate the criminal aspects of Sicilian society as well as the expressive quality of this variety, while emphasizing the multicultural makeup of Italy and the intangible facet of Italianness. Andrighetti concludes that regional Italian is a complex variety that may enjoy a wider usage in contemporary Italy than the traditional dialects.
- Author(s)Traci Andrighetti
- PublisherLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintLAP Lambert Academic Publishing
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.