All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionLook behind the scenes of a County Championship match played in the late 1960s, during which the apparently mundane mid-table fixture turns into a story of bitter rivalry and betrayal both on and off the field. Two brothers playing on opposite sides go head to head as rivals for a place on England's winter tour. A night club incident spirals out of control and leads to the discovery of an affair which threatens to destroy team unity and end the career of a formidable but aging bowler. Meanwhile, his young would-be replacement finds himself the center of controversy over his suspect action. The narrative shifts from field to changing room, from night-time escapades to domestic angst in this story of a team with more than the game to lose.
- Author BiographyPeter Gibbs played professional cricket for Derbyshire before becoming a playwright. His works include the screenplay Arthur's Hallowed Ground, the television play Benefit of the Doubt, and the radio play Supersaver. He has over a hundred broadcast television scripts to his credit, and was the lead writer on Heartbeat, Yorkshire Television's long-running drama series.
- Author(s)Peter Gibbs
- PublisherMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Publishing Ltd
- Width178 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.