Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 2 in the series The Asyut Project presents the contributions of an international conference held at Sohag University after the first seven seasons of Egyptian-German cooperation in archaeological fieldwork in the necropolis of Asyut, Middle Egypt. The volume is edited by scholars of the three Egyptological institutions involved in the project, the Universities of Berlin (Freie Universitat), Sohag and Mainz. The first article gives an overview of the present state of kwledge of the historical background of Asyut, the different functions of the western mountain (Gebel Asyut al-gharbi), and its architectural structures from Egyptian Old Kingdom to Late Antiquity and partially Islamic Period. It is followed by a study on the succession of the First Intermediate Period/ Middle Kingdom local ruling elite (the so-called marchs) which reconstructs the eventful history of these eras. Special contributions are devoted to wooden models and offering plates as grave goods, hieratic visitors' graffiti, methods of epigraphy, reconstruction of tomb architecture, and Islamic pottery. In addition, analyses of the anthropological and botanical finds are presented. All articles are written in English and provided with an Arabic abstract. The plates include, among others, a systematic documentation of the investigated tombs.
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- SubjectAncient History
- Series TitleAsyut Project
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Weight550 g
- Edited byAndrea Kilian,Jochem Kahl,Mahmoud El- Khadragy,Ursula Verhoeven
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.