All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Daniel explores a city-entire lives-swept clean off the map in this haunting debut As breezes lap the shallow-tugged tide flow And swallows twitter and skirt the dusk, We lie within the wreckage of the stars- The moon spill, our planets' pull-this sad machine. --from Seven-Star Bird You will t find Friendship, Texas; it w lies at the bottom of a lake of floodwater, forgotten. In Seven-Star Bird, David Daniel rescues the town's-and the poet's own family's-stories and memories, from an immigrant past and from the clutches of devastation. In a weaving of elliptical and elaborate voices, lyrics, and narratives, Daniel's debut collection-guided by Heraclitus-discovers an ethical, religious, and aesthetic antidote to the disasters of loss and disappointment, why the gods call down their inexplicable punishment, why we can never step into the same river twice.
- Author BiographyDavid Daniel is the poetry editor of Ploughshares magazine and teaches at Emerson College. His poems and reviews have appeared in many respected publications. He lives in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Author(s)David Daniel
- PublisherGraywolf Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/11/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGraywolf Press,U.S.
- Weight127 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine6 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.