Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.98
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis tough job market has evolved from the current global financial sector melt down and the resulting ecomic restructuring, and is likely to continue for a number of years. To thrive in it, one must first recognize that on-going career transitions will be more prevalent. Having a solid understanding of what you have to offer and how and where to market your services will give you a decided advantage in the increasingly competitive race for work opportunities. Managing the transition process from one engagement to ather becomes a significant effort in itself. A Transitional Career , as used in this book, refers to a work-life cycle incorporating a series of job engagements, which may be part-time or full-time, often separated by periods of n-paid activity. Job engagements may last for hours, days, weeks or months and may be consecutive or concurrent. Pursuing a Transitional Career requires a different perspective on searching for a job engagement than the more traditional approach of seeking a long term job commitment. As you will see in Seven Steps , seeking new job engagements is a continuous effort. I wrote this workbook as a guide, taking the role of a personal coach to you, the reader. A Transitional Career can be very rewarding. This work-life cycle alternative has attracted management consultants, independent contractors and other professional service providers for decades. The Seven Steps workbook has been designed to help people who are: in job transition and want to find work; working but are concerned about their future career; interested in exploring consulting or contracting work; retired but need additional income; and, entering the work place for the first time.
- Author(s)Richard J. Pinsker
- PublisherHRD Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/08/2009
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationAmerherst
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHRD Press Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width221 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.