All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the white stag to the green knight, The Seven Story Tower examines how myth colors our perception of history, nature, and ourselves. Organized around seven key myths-representing the Irish, Greek, Sumerian, Indonesian, Amazonian, and Inuit cultures, as well as the fantasy world of J. R. R. Tolkien-this book is the perfect intro-duction to the common themes found in world mythology. Curtiss Hoffman, a ted archaeologist and anthropologist, takes us beyond the entertaining stories and uses insights from cultural anthropology and analytical psychology to analyze the many common themes found throughout. In particular, he examines the significance of names, numbers, plants, animals, the heavenly bodies, and the human body. The Seven Story Tower will enhance the reader's appreciation of myth's power today over our lives and cultures.
- Author BiographyCurtiss Hoffman, Ph.D., is Professor of Sociology and Anthropology at Bridgewater State College. He is involved in archaeological research at eastern Massa-chusetts Native American sites and is Past President of the Massachusetts Archaeological Society.
- Author(s)Curtiss Hoffman
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication21/12/2001
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationReading, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerseus Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.