All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionAfter nine months of self-imposed isolation following his wife's departure, the hero of Seven Terrors finally decides to face his loneliness and join the world once more. However, when the daughter of his old friend Alex appears in his flat one morning with the news that her father has disappeared, he realizes that his life is again about to change. As the two search for clues in Alex's war diary, unearthed in a library in Sweden, they come upon tales of unspeakable horror and mystery: meetings with ghosts, a town under siege, demonic brothers who ride on the wings of war, and many more things so dangerous and so precious that they can only be discussed by the dead. As investigation into Alex's disappearance continues, readers will be drawn further and further into a surreal world where rationality has vanished, evil spreads like a virus, and t even love can offer an escape. While Charon, Hades mythical ferryman, can be found behind the wheel of a taxi and dead horses are seen flying across the sky, cracks begin to erode reality and people start to go missing. Here, amidst such chaos, our hero endeavors to cling to his sanity, doing his best to solve the riddle of Alex s disappearance while attempting to save his own soul and bring love back into his life.
- Author BiographySelvedin Avdic's first book was a collection of short stories called Tennants and other Fantoms, a tourist guide to the historic Bosnian town of Jajca and a factual account of Zenica prison. His short stories have also appeared in various anthologies and collections. He works as the editor-in-chief of the online magazine urnal and also edits his own radio show, Free Fight, on BH Radio. His first novel, Seven Terrors, was published in 2010, and immediately short-listed for one of the most prestigious literary awards in the region. It was published in English in 2012 (translation by Coral Petkovich) and is long-listed for the Dublin Impac Literary Award 2014.
- PrizesShortlisted for Nagrada Jutarnjeg Lista za Najbolje Prozno (Jutarnjeg List Award for Best Fiction) 2009.
- Author(s)Selvedin Avdic
- PublisherIstros Books
- Date of Publication19/10/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIstros Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byCoral Petkovich
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.