All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- Description'There's seven ways to kill a cat. But when it comes down to it, there's only two ways. In a civilised fashion or like a fucking savage'. In Bues Aires, the ecomy has collapsed and people are protesting on the streets. But in the barrio, life goes on - the slums of the city are ruled by gangs, drugs and guns. Gringo and Chueco are almost adults, and joining the gang warfare that governs their community seems inevitable. Chueco thinks he can join El Jetita's gang but remain his own man, Gringo kws this can't happen - you obey the leader or else. As the two get drawn ever deeper into the turf war between El Jetita and his rival Charly, Gringo sees an alternative way of life, and love, pass before his eyes. A few days ago he and Chueco were joking about killing cats; w he's fighting to save his skin.
- Author BiographyBorn in Buenos Aires in 1975, Matias Nespolo studied literature, going on to write poems, short stories, journalism and then Seven Ways to Kill a Cat, his acclaimed first novel. He has been living in Barcelona since 2001 and, in 2010, was selected by Granta as one of their best young contemporary Spanish-language novelists.
- Author(s)Matias Nespolo
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight185 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Translated byFrank Wynne
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.