All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBook Two in the V&A's groundbreaking new series presents 17 patterns for garments and accessories from a seventeenth-century woman's wardrobe. It includes patterns for a loose gown, a jacket, a pair of stays and a boned bodice, ivory and wooden busks, shoes, a hat, a stomacher, linen bands and supporters, a bag and a knife case. It also features a description of the stay-making process. Full step-by-step drawings of the construction sequence are given for each garment to enable the reader to accurately reconstruct them. There are scale patterns and diagrams for making linen and metal thread laces and embroidery designs. Multiple photographs of the objects, close-up construction details and X-ray photography reveal the hidden elements of the clothes, the precise number of layers and the stitches used inside.
- Author BiographySusan North is a curator in the V&A Fashion, Textiles and Furniture Department. Jenny Tiramani devised and produced patterns for the book with Melanie Braun, Luca Costigliolo, Armelle Lucas, and Claire Thornton. They are all founding members of the School of Historical Dress and worked together in the wardrobe department of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre between 1999 and 2005.
- PublisherV & A Publishing
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintV & A Publishing
- Content Note400 colour illustrations, 600 line drawings
- Weight1361 g
- Width305 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJenny Tiramani,Susan North
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.