All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCentre stage in Angela Carter's unruly tale of the Flower Power Generation is Joseph - a decadent, disorientated rebel without a cause. A self-styled nihilist whose girlfriend has abandoned him, Joseph has decided to give up existing. But his concerned friends and neighbours have other plans. In an effort to join in the spirit of protest which motivates his contemporaries, Joseph frees a badger from the local zoo; sends a turd airmail to the President of the United States; falls in love with the mother of his best friend; and, accompanied by the strains of an old man's violin, celebrates Christmas Eve in a bewildering state of sexual discovery. But has he found the Meaning of Life?
- Author BiographyOne of Britain's most original writers, Angela Carter published her first novel, SHADOW DANCE, in 1965. THE MAGIC TOYSHOP won the 1969 John Llewellyn Rhys Prize and SEVERAL PERCEPTIONS the 1968 Somerset Maugham Prize. Carter's death in 1992 'robbed the English literary scene of one of its most vivacious and compelling voices' (INDEPENDENT).
- Author(s)Angela Carter
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication06/03/1997
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVirago Modern Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number308
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight70 g
- Width129 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.