All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis undergraduate textbook is based on lectures given by the author on the differential and integral calculus of functions of several real variables. The book has a modern approach and includes topics such as: *The p-rms on vector space and their equivalence *The Weierstrass and Stone-Weierstrass approximation theorems *The differential as a linear functional; Jacobians, Hessians, and Taylor's theorem in several variables *The Implicit Function Theorem for a system of equations, proved via Banach's Fixed Point Theorem *Applications to Ordinary Differential Equations *Line integrals and an introduction to surface integrals This book features numerous examples, detailed proofs, as well as exercises at the end of sections. Many of the exercises have detailed solutions, making the book suitable for self-study. Several Real Variables will be useful for undergraduate students in mathematics who have completed first courses in linear algebra and analysis of one real variable.
- Author BiographyThe author is an expert in Spectral Theory and semigroups of operators, researching in this area for 50 years, publishing numerous papers and three monographs.
- Author(s)Shmuel Kantorovitz
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication09/02/2016
- Series TitleSpringer Undergraduate Mathematics Series
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 8 colour tables, biography
- Weight498 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.13
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $21.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.