All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionSevere Emotional Disturbance in Children and Adolescents conveys the experiences of severely emotionally disturbed children in detailed accounts of psychoanalytic psychotherapy, and explores the life and death struggles against severe self-harm to body and mind by the most distressed sections of adolescents. Illustrated by clinical material, chapters cover subjects including: * the inpatient therapeutic setting * family rehabilitation after physical, sexual and emotional abuse * the adoptive father * work with adolescent inpatients with spina bifida * assessment, treatment and clinical management of adolescent disturbance. Severe Emotional Disturbance in Children and Adolescents underlines the value of intensive psychoanalytic psychotherapy as a coherent method of treatment in even the most severe cases of emotional disturbance. Psychotherapists, mental health workers, and social workers will find it a valuable resource for difficult work in a variety of contexts.
- Author BiographyDenis Flynn is a Child Psychotherapist and is now Head of the Inpatient Adolescent Unit at The Cassel Hospital, London. He is a Member and Child Analyst of the British Psychoanalytical Society and also works as a Psychoanalyst in private practice.
- Author(s)Denis Flynn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10ill.
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.