All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.37Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionSustainable sewing projects don't have to be scratchy hemp skirts and brown patchwork aprons - you could be making beautiful one-off pieces for yourself and your home from unique and unusual eco-friendly recycled or vintage fabrics. A whole new generation of savvy craftsters have been dusting off old sewing machines and revving them up, but they don't want to make just any old thing. This book will guide readers through a series of stylish sewing projects with a focus on sourcing and using sustainable fabrics. The projects teach different aspects of sewing, starting with making cushions from recycled shirts, old jumpers, vintage buttons and other materials, working through making simple skirts and bags, to using leather applique, working with vintage lace and peace silk, using organic fabrics for scarves and shawls and even 'upcycling' an old suede skirt or hat into something beautiful and unique.
- Author BiographyRuth Singer is a textile designer-maker who works exclusively with eco-friendly, recycled and natural fabrics. Ruth has also worked in museum education, most recently in adult education at the V&A. She has published many projects in books and magazines including The Guardian Guide to Craft and in Black Dog Publishing Making Stuff: An Alternative Craft Book and several Lark Books publications. Her first solo book Sew It Up, a modern manual of practical and decorative sewing, was published in 2009. Ruth's work can be seen at www.ruthsinger.co.uk.
- Author(s)Ruth Singer
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication25/06/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note120-150
- Weight503 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.