All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionSex crimes, such as rape, child sexual abuse, and intimate partner violence, are increasingly transnational in nature, introducing unique cross-border and cross-cultural challenges for police, the courts, and the law. Policy makers and practitioners are in need of a resource that explores the incidence, prosecution, and treatment of sexual crimes across different countries and cultures. This book is the first to investigate all aspects of sexual crimes and the policy and management initiatives developed to address them from a transnational, global perspective. Introducing an array of tools for reducing the prevalence and consequences of sex crimes, this volume brings together leading scholars in crimilogy, criminal justice, social work, and law to discuss topics ranging from sex trafficking and sex tourism to porgraphy, cyberstalking, and sexual abuse in the military and the Catholic church. Case studies track the reporting of these crimes, the methods used to interview victims and perpetrators, and the policies enacted to punish those involved.
- Author BiographyAlissa R. Ackerman is assistant professor of criminal justice at the University of Washington, Tacoma. Her current work focuses on sex offender policy and management and the nature, context, and extent of sexual victimization. Rich Furman is professor of social work at the University of Washington, Tacoma. He is also affiliated with the Ethnic, Gender and Labor Studies programs and the criminal justice program at UWT. His recent books include Social Work Practice with Men at Risk and Transnational Social Work Practice.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note11 illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlissa R. Ackerman,Rich Furman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.